- Deformation and fracture properties of solid wood and wood-based composites.
- Numerical modeling using the material point method.
- Micromechanics of solid wood including fracture at the annular ring level and transverse compression at the cellular level.
- Fracture mechanics analysis of all kinds of composites including matrix cracking, delamination, interfacial failure, fiber failure, damage modeling, and fatigue failure.
- Effect of residual thermal stresses in composites, adhesive applications, and multilayered structures.
- Analysis of single-fiber model composites and experiments on interfaces between natural fibers and polymer matrices.
- Modeling mechanical properties of adhesive bond, glue lines in wood, and any interface in composite materials.
- Durability of composites.
- Cracking of coatings and paint systems applied to a variety of substrates