(Short courses, workshops, and presentations for small private owner audiences)
- 1989-1992 Five one-day Extension Workshops/Tours, Lincoln and Clatsop Counties,
Alder Management in the Coast Range; Co-organized, Leader and
- 1990 Speaker: Linn County - "TREE DAY" at Udells, Focus on methods of
commercial thinning (200+/yr).
- 1990 Speaker: Annual Meeting of OSWA-Flying M Ranch, Presentation--Commercial
Thinning: Selecting the best leave trees (200+).
- 1989 Speaker: Coast Range Forestry Tour - Japanese Group, Silviculture in the
Northwest Presentation (50).
- 1989 Speaker: St. Helens, OR, Joint SAF-OSWA Forestry Field Day, Focus on pruning
and thinning of Douglas-fir stands (100 plus).
- 1987-1990 "Silvicultural Systems for Northwest Forests - Waldsterben, Uneven-aged
Management and European Experience." 10 presentations (300+).
- 1988 Managing Red Alder in the Coastal Zone. Regional Workshop, Co-Leader and
Instructor. (100 Small Woodland Owners) September.
- 1988 Organizer & Leader: Pruning Douglas-fir Workshop - November, 1/2 day
Workshop. 12 participants.
- 1986 Thinning Forest Trees, Douglas Co., June. (45 participants).
- 1985 Speaker: Thinning and Density Management, Astoria (15)
- Speaker: Getting the Most from Each Acre, Corvallis (25)
- Workshop: Prescribed Burning in Eastern Oregon, Wallowa (20)
- Forestry in Europe, Eugene (25)
- 1983 Organized, Presented: Management of Black Cottonwood Workshop (50)
- 1983 Leader: Field tour for annual meeting of Oregon Small Woodland Owner
Association at Cascade Head (76).
- 1983 Co-organizer of field tour of Cascade Head for National Extension Directors (44)
- 1982 Instructor at "Tree Day," Lebanon, Oregon. 1 hr (200+)
- 1982 Organizer and instructor at Alder Management Workshop (50)>
- 1981 Speaker: "Looking towards more productive stand management" at Annual
Oregon all Woodland Owner meeting (100).
Back to Current Vita page 1.
Back to Bill's Homepage
Back to Adaptive COPE Personnel page
Back to Adaptive COPE Homepage