- Modsim 2003 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation: Interactions between field-based monitoring and modelling, 14-17 July 2003 in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. Co-Sponsored with ICT
- IAHS/IUGG Workshop: Isotope Tracers in Water Cycle Models July 3-11, 2003, Sapporo Japan. Sponsored by ICT
- Towards a Science Programme for Prediction in Ungauged Basins. Co-Sponsored by ICT
- International Symposium on Isotope Hydrology and Integrated Water Resources Management, 19 - 23 May 2003, Vienna, Austria. Organized by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Coordinated with ICT
Cooperation with International Organisations :
- International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) : Coordination of future activities with IAH are managed by Alain Dassargues.
- WMO : Cooperation within the framework of "Tracing Isotopic Composition of Past and Present Precipitation". Person in charge : Chris Leidbungut.
- UNESCO : In the framework of the IHP-V, ICT is be involved in Projects : 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.3, 5.1, 6.1, 8.1 and 8.3. Chris Leibundut has been nominated to participate in Working Group 5.1 on Arid Zone Hydrology and J. McDonell is participating in Project 6.1 on Humid Tropics : Hydrological Processes and Water Management". Within Project 8 on Transfer of Knowledge, Information and Technology (KIT), some courses are planned in cooperation with ICT, IAEA and UNESCO, but up to the present time budgets have not been allocated.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) : Y. Yurtsever from IAEA is an Associate Member of the ICT Bureau and ICT is working in close collaboration with IAEA in planning some symposia, workshops, and eventual short courses. Additionally the IAEA Subprogramme F4 : Development and Management of Water Resources is coordinated with ICT representative on the Steering Committee of Operational Aspects of the Global Network Isotopes in Precipitation (GNIP); the report of the Meeting of Consultants in November 1995 is available. Person in charge : Chris Leidbundgut.
- International Association of Tracer Hydrology (ATH) : The 7th International Symposium on Water Tracing was jointly organized by ATH and ICT and held in Slovenia, 26-31 May 1997. The proceedings Tracer Hydology'97 (ed. by A. Kranjc) and published by Balkema are now available (450 pages, ISBN 90-5410-875-4). A report on this meeting appeared on page 14 of October '97 Newsletter. Person in charge : Chris Leidbundgut.
- TRAM'2000; Liège, Belgium, May 23-25 2000, International Conference on Tracers and Modelling in Contaminant Hydrogeology. Conference secretariat TRAM'2000, c/o LGIH, University of Liège, B-19 Sart-Tilman, B-4000 Liège, Belgium. Tel. : +32 4 366 22 16 - Fax : +32 4 366 28 17. Email : email@example.com.
- Workshop on "Runoff Generation and Implications for River Basin Modelling", October 9-12, 2000, University of Freiburg i. Br., Germany.
Workshop Secretary Address : IAHS/ICT Workshop 2000, Institute of Hydrology, University Fahnenbergplatz, D-79098 Freiburg i. Br., Germany, Tel. +49 761 203 3530 or 35 46, Fax : +49 761 203 3594, email : firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.uni-freiburg.de/hydrology/ihf_home.htm
- Karst 2000 : Sustainability of Karst Water Systems (Marmaris, Turkey, September 17-27 2000) organized by UKAM. Contact : Gültekin Günay, Hacettepe University, Beytepe Campus, 06532 Ankara, Turkey. This meeting will be jointly convened by IAHS represented by Ivan Johnson and by ICT represented by Alain Dassargues.
- 6th Scientific Assembly of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences, 18-27 July, 2001, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
Symposium 3 : Impact of human activity on groundwater dynamics.
Leading Commission : ICWQ.
Co-operation of : ICGW, ICSW, ICWRS, ICT, ICASVR, IAEA
Convenor : Norman (Jake) E. Peters
Symposium 4 : hydrogeochemical and transport processes with emphasis on aquifer characteristics and reactivity.
Leading Commission : ICGW.
Co-operation of : ICWQ, ICT, ICCE
Convenor : Yoram Rubin
Workshop 3 : Hydrological impacts of long-term exploitation and climatic evolution : contributions of studies based on tracers and modelling.
Leading Commission : ICT.
Co-operation of : ICGW, IAEA
Convenor : Anne Coudrain-Ribstein
Workshop 7 : Hydrogeological evolution in coastal lowlands : role of density-and compaction-driven groundwater flow.
Leading Commission : ICGW.
Co-operation of : ICGW, ICSW, ICCE, ICT
Convenor : Jacob de Vries
Home | Meetings | Officers | Publications | News | Links